Preparation H Ointment
Preparation H Ointment
Preparation H Ointment, 1 OZ
Preparation H ointment provides quick relief for both internal and external hemorrhoidal symptoms. It temporarily shrinks swollen hemorrhoidal tissue and provides prompt, soothing relief from painful burning, itching and discomfort.
- Preparation H ointment works immediately to protect against further irritation and provides a soothing layer of protection
- Preparation H is the #1 doctor recommended hemorrhoid OTC brand
Active Ingredients: Mineral Oil 14%, Petrolatum 74.9%, Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%. Inactive Ingredients: Benzoic Acid, Butylated Hydroxyanisole, Corn Oil, Glycerin, Lanolin, Lanolin Alcohols, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil, Tocopherols Excipient, White Wax.
- Adults: When practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before insertion of this product
- When first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- Apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- Intrarectal use: Remove cover from applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert applicator into the rectum, thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- Also apply ointment to external area
- Regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- Children under 12 years of age: Ask a doctor
Do not use if tube seal under cap embossed with "H" is broken or missing.
For external and/or intrarectal use only.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
When using this product do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Bleeding occurs
- Condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- Introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.